Use of any of GTI's services constitutes acceptance of this policy.
This statement represents guidelines for the acceptable use of Global Telecom Inc. (GTI). for data communications. It is
to be applicable only to the use of GTI's networks. In such instances where data communications leave GTI's systems and
carried by other networks or the Internet, GTI's users and connecting networks are advised that the acceptable use policies
other networks are applicable, and must be respected.
GTI informs its users of its own policies, and requires its connecting networks to do the same.
GTI, the network owned and operated by GTI, a for-profit New Jersey Corporation, has been established to:
Provide high quality networking services to the business community and private users. Place networking resources within the
limitations of non-profit and arts related organizations. Promote and enhance network connectivity in the regions served by
Requirements of Usage:
To respect the privacy of the users of GTI, and all networks accessible via GTI. To respect the legal
protection provided by copyright, license, and other applicable legal devices to programs, communications, and data. To respect
the integrity of computing systems, and to not use GTI to compromise same. To respect common usage of Usenet and E-Mail
Specifically Acceptable Uses:
- Usage for private personal or business communications.
- Usage for public communications as suggested by the charters of USENET newsgroups, and the well known guidelines generally
accepted by the users and news administrators of same.
- Usage for research or educational purposes.
- Usage for data communications in accordance with applicable laws.
- It is not acceptable to use GTI for illegal purposes.
- It is not acceptable to use GTI to transmit threatening, obscene, or harassing materials.
- It is not acceptable to use GTI to interfere with or disrupt network users, services or equipment. Disruptions include, but
not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertisement, inappropriate filing of Usenet Articles, and using the network to make,
or attempt to make any unauthorized entry to any other machines accessible via GTI's Internet connection.
- It is not acceptable to use GTI for the purposes of transmitting "Chain Letters," "broadcasting" messages
to mailing lists
or non-consenting individuals, nor any other type of use which will result in congestion of the Internet or GTI's connecting
networks, or which would significantly interfere with the connectivity of others.
- It is not acceptable to use GTI for any malicious purpose.
- Use of any account that is not used by its rightful owner.
- Port uses above billed quantity.
- Excessive Resource Usage: If any Customer utilizes excessive resources on any GTI system or connection we may suspend or
Customer's access at our discretion. Excessive resources are defined as more resources than one person could reasonably
during an on-line session.
Violation of Policy:
GTI will review alleged violations of Acceptable Use Policy on a case by-case basis. Violations of policy may result in
termination of GTI membership and network services to member, legal action, and referral to proper authorities.
Usage of GTI's network constitutes an agreement to abide by these guidelines.
Usage by Non-Members:
GTI will apply the following charges to unsolicited commercial e-mail, unauthorized use of our mail server, or misfiled Usenet
News Articles filed to 10 or more newsgroups (spamming). Misfiled means in this context any article which does not fit within the
charter of a newsgroup to which it is posted. For instance, if you post an article about a printer you have for sale to alt.angst,
you have misfiled that article.
- Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail: $200.00 per user
- Unauthorized use of our mail server: $0.05 per message
- Misfiled Usenet Articles: $0.05 per copy of article
- Malformed Mail Headers: $50 per copy received
- Unauthorized use of any of GTI services: As per our current pricing plus legal costs.
All cancellations of services provided by GTI MUST be in written form, either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
faxed to (973)285-0728 ATTN: BILLING. We reserve the right to cancel your account at any time without notice. Email and/or shell
accounts inactive for a period of 180 days are subject to removal. You may also cancel your service through postal mail addressed
Global Telecom, Inc.
P.O. Box 805
Morristown, NJ 07963
We will provide the Physical Servers (Mail, Web, DNS, etc.) and other computer and operating-system software
to operate and
support the Shared Server in a manner acceptable in the industry. Although we will make reasonable efforts to protect and backup
data for you on a regular basis, we are not responsible for the Customer Data residing on the Shared Server. GTI customers are
ultimately and solely responsible for the backup of their Data stored on GTI's Servers.
GTI values your right to privacy and we will not release any information regarding our members to any third
party. The information that you provide to us will only be used to process your account and in communicating with you in the
Domain names registered directly through GTI:
Domain names registered directly through GTI will be subject to the following terms and conditions in
addition to the terms listed above:
- SELECTION OF A DOMAIN NAME. We cannot and do not check to see whether the domain name you select, or the use you make of
domain name, infringes legal rights of others. We urge you to investigate to see whether the domain name you select or its use
infringes legal rights of others, and in particular we suggest you seek advice of competent counsel. You may wish to consider
seeking one or more trademark registrations in connection with your domain name. You should be aware that there is the possibility
we might be ordered by a court to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name. You should be aware that if we are sued or
threatened with lawsuit in connection with your domain name, we may turn to you to hold us harmless and indemnify us.
- All domain name registrations are also subject to ICANN's UDRP (Uniform Domain Name
Dispute Resolution Policy). A copy of this policy is available here for your review.
- .TV domain names are subject to additional terms and conditions in addition to all of GTI's policies and ICANN's
UDRP. A copy
is available !!!HERE!!! for your review.
- .INFO domain names are subject to additional terms and conditions in addition to all of GTI's policies and ICANN's
copy is available here for your review.
Please address all questions or comments regarding this policy statement to email@example.com